Palacio-Do-Deao, Goa

Back in the year 1779, Jose Paulo Deao arrived in Goa from Portuguese, along with Archbishop Dom Frei de Santa Catarina, the famous barefooted friar, and established the town of Quepem at a place where there was initially a dense forest. He went on to build the town's present day St. Cruz church, market, hospital and of course, his home, the famous Palacio do Deao facing the church on top of a hillock, with river Kushavati streaming nearby.